Holy crap. If you are into healthy food, please look away or try my Oven Baked Brown Rice recipe. If you occasionally love to eat delicious bar food with friends, then look no further. The fries part isn’t really rocket science or even a recipe, but it is the homemade Ranch dressing that makes these fries stupid good. I didn’t think I liked Ranch dressing, but what I don’t like is bottled Ranch. Yuck. This dressing is so fresh and yummy tasting. It is nothing at all like bottled Ranch. We made a mountain of these to nibble on during the hockey game and they were devoured. I halved the recipe for the Ranch because it makes a lot, but if your family loves Ranch, make the whole batch. It keeps very well in the fridge in a glass jar.
Loaded French Fries
1 bag of crinkle cut French fries (we fried ours, feel free to bake yours)
Shredded Cheddar cheese
7 slices of bacon, cooked crispy
2 green onions, chopped
Ranch dressing for serving, recipe follows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If you are frying your fries in batches, keep cooked fries on baking sheet in the oven to keep them crispy and warm.
- After cooking all the fries, place them on a baking sheet and cover with cheese, bacon and more cheese. Bake until the cheese is all melty and gooey.
- Sprinkle with green onions. Serve with Ranch dressing.
Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
2 C. mayonnaise
½ C. sour cream
1 C. buttermilk
1 TBS plus 2 tsp. onion powder
1 ½ tsp. garlic powder
1 ½ tsp. black pepper
1 ½ tsp. dried parsley flakes (I added more parsley)
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk mayo and sour cream together until smooth.
- Gradually add in the buttermilk and continue to whisk until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk to blend.
- Chill one hour and stir well before serving. (This is important.)