I love, love, LOVE this pizza. If you like wings, and who doesn’t, then you will love this pizza as much as we do. I actually love anything with hot sauce and blue cheese on it. In fact, I might even eat a shoe if it had Frank’s hot sauce and a sprinkling of blue cheese on it. I just love the combination. This pizza would be perfect on Super Bowl Sunday cut into small pieces as appetizers. Also, next time, I might make my homemade blue cheese dressing to drizzle on top. YUM!! Go make this pizza. Now. Right now. This recipe is a combination of different recipes I found on the internet, but the main one was Rachael Ray’s Buffalo pizza.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- 1 ½ chicken breast cooked and chopped
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 pizza dough, store-bought or homemade
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup medium to spicy heat hot sauce-It’s gotta be Frank’s hot sauce.
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese or your favorite mix-We like the Mexican blend.
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles-Or, more. More is better.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Melt butter and stir in Worcestershire and hot sauce. After the butter is melted and the sauce is well combined, mix some of the sauce with the chopped chicken. Set aside.
- Stretch dough to form pizza using cornmeal or flour to help you handle it. If you let it rest and warm up a few minutes it will handle even easier. Drizzle a little olive oil on pizza pan or cookie sheet. Place pizza on cookie sheet and bake the pizza for about 6 mins. The pizza dough should not be browned only partially baked.
- After the pizza has cooked a bit, cover the pizza dough with a little more of the Buffalo sauce (just enough to coat the bottom), the saucy Buffalo chicken, and the cheeses. Bake for another 10 minutes or until browned and crisp.
- *You can use a rotisserie chicken, store bought Buffalo sauce and a pre made crust for an easier meal.