We had dinner with the Bourne clan last night and I was in charge of an appetizer and side dish. I made one of our favorites, BLT dip, as the appetizer. This dip is so incredibly good. Well, anything with bacon is good, but this is especially awesome. In fact, between 4 adults, we consumed pretty much the whole damn bowl of it. We all made big pigs of ourselves. 🙂 This is easy to make. The hardest part is frying all the bacon up but once you finish that, it is smooth sailing. This is a Paula Deen recipe, so you know it is great. I served ours with Stacey’s Sea Salt Pita Chips. You could use light mayo, sour cream and turkey bacon, but seriously, it’s BLT Dip. Just eat the real thing.
Recipe courtesy Phyllis Curlee as adapted by Paula Deen
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- Iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 large vine-ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pound lean bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled-I used thick cut bacon and it was wonderful
- Sea salt bagel chips-Stacey’s Pita Chips are far superior
1. Combine the mayonnaise and sour cream in a small bowl with a snap-on lid. When well mixed, refrigerate until serving time.
2. When ready to serve, place the mayonnaise mixture in a large serving bowl. Combine with half of the bacon. Top with the lettuce, tomatoes and remaining bacon. Serve pita chips.
The picture below is not an accurate representation of what happened last night. We did not put ours on a plate all pretty like this. We were shoveling this dip in like it was our last meal on earth. But, I still like this picture.